HISTORY FOR KENOWA COMMUNITY FCU
Kenowa Community Federal Credit Union was originally chartered September 23, 1952 under the name Wyoming Township Employees Federal Credit Union. The credit union’s original purpose and continued mission is to provide the best financial products and services to our community.
From 1962-1965 our name changed to Wyoming-Grandville Employee’s Credit Union and later, Tri-City Municipal Federal Credit Union. In 1970, members were offered a $50.00 prize for providing a name that by now needed to reflected several townships and municipalities across Kent and Ottawa Counties.
The winning name: Kenowa Municipal Federal Credit Union. The reasoning behind the winning member’s choice was the proximity of the credit union to two counties: Ottawa and Kent-thus Ken-Owa was born!
Our last name change occurred on March 28th, 2008. The new name (as it remains today) Kenowa Community Federal Credit Union, reflects the change from a closed charter status to an open charter, which took effect on October 1st, 2007. We now are proud to serve anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Kent County.
Today we serve over 3,050 members with over $19.51 million in assets. Our mission is simple: To provide the best financial products and services to our member communities in a friendly and personal manner, while maintaining financial stability and encouraging financial responsibility.